Welcome to a blog about a foodie's attempts to indulge her love of good food and wine on a tight budget. In a city without a Whole Foods. In a state with archaic alcohol laws. Did I mention the tight budget?

Monday, July 10, 2006

Old Lady Food Sucks.

Today I took my mother out to lunch. She is fairly new to Huntsville, and combined with her general tendency to not leave her apartment except for work, that means she has not seen what the Rocket City has to offer. Since there was a restaurant within walking distance from her apartment (baby steps, baby steps), I decided to take her there for lunch. Hmm. How best to describe the experience? Perhaps it is best summed up in this transcript of an IM session with Daniel:
[WARNING: NAUGHTY LANGUAGE AHEAD]

[16:27] Daniel: How did you lunch with your Mom go?
[16:28] Me: [groan] I hate that restaurant. it's for little old ladies. was still hungry afterward and got a granola bar, but it still didn't fill me up :(
[16:29] Me: am eating cheezits now
[snip]
[16:30] Me: mom liked it, though. [sigh] guess that means she'll want to go again
[16:31] Daniel: Convince her to go to ******* instead.
[snip]
[16:33] Me: almost everything on the menu was some sort of salad. chicken salad, potato salad, pea salad, pasta salad, chef salad, even the fucking side dish for their somewhat normal entrees was a horrid purple congealed salad. I asked for a side garden salad instead. It comes out with this nasty-ass red dressing that they are trying to pass off as vinagrette. and the salad had PEAS OH MY GOD IT HAD FILTHY NASTY PEAS
[16:34] Daniel: I guess you didn't eat the peas?
[16:34] Me: are you kidding?!?!? IT WAS INFECTED I DIDN"T EAT THE SALAD
[16:35] Daniel: [laughs]
[16:35] Me: and dpm
[16:35] Me: FUCK CAN"T T"YPE THE PEAS THE PEAS


So can you tell I don't care for peas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home